Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am 57 years old and my bilirubin has gone up from 15 to 22

Customer Question

I am 57 years old and my bilirubin has gone up from 15 to 22 umol/L in one year. What could be the reason for this ? I did drink a little more than normal over the past year.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

Although your bilirubin is higher than normal but it is still in normal range. Increased alcohol intake cause liver dysfunction and can raise the billirubin but it is not in a dysfunctional range. So i would recommend you to cut down on drink and you can get an ultrasound of the liver to see any structural problem though less likely.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.