Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

I have had intermittent swelling in my left ankle and

Customer Question

I have had intermittent swelling in my left ankle and numbness in both feet. I fly very often
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for contacting the team of medical experts at Just Answer.

Your symptoms can be due to a variety of reasons that will require further medical examination and possibly certain tests.

Long term swelling in the lower limbs can be due to decreased venous return / insufficiency. There can be other circulation related problems as well.

Low protein levels can lead to swelling in the lower limbs, and this also needs to be tested.

Numbness and swelling can be due to many reasons, including nutritional deficiencies, thyroid problems, diabetes and even nerve disorders.

I would recommend that you get a detailed medical evaluation done for all these potential conditions and then appropriate tests can help us find the cause of the symptoms in your situation,

Warm regards,

Dr Gupta, MD