DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

The last few nights I have been troubled by on awakening

Customer Question

The last few nights I have been troubled by on awakening during the night seeing strange objects in front of me and moving around the room and even landing on the ceiling. This
only happens during the night and only in darkness. I am 90 years of age and have all my faculties. Myright eye is the only eye affected.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello.

There are many reasons this might happen.

An eye problem: since it is one eye, and you need an immediate exam.

A brain problem, such as a seizure less likely.

A state in an out of sleep where such phenomena can occur....doesn't sound like this, if you are fully awake.

I would start with an exam from your doctor today.

If that is clear, an opthalmologist should be consulted.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/