DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I had a sore throat and headache for 10 days which has left

Customer Question

I had a sore throat and headache for 10 days which has left me with a cough for almost 3 weeks now - am taking cough medicine and can go a few hours without coughing but when I do it's a chesty cough that stops me from breathing in, resulting in belching and retching and making a noise like a seal until I am able to breath in again - should I see my GP (I feel fine now the sore throat and headache have passed)?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello.

Thanks for the question.

You need to see your doctor.

This can be:

bronchitis: most likely and needs an inhaler.

Atypical pneumonia

Acid reflux.

Other problems.

Some of these can go on and on, if not treated, and cause problems.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions.

Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/