Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

2yeRs post CVA. Prescribed:despersible Aspirin.

Customer Question

2yeRs post CVA.
Prescribed:despersible Aspirin. Bendroflumethiazide, Bisoprolol, simvastatin.
Also, over-the-counter cod liver oil capsules, multivitamin (no copper or iron).
After an episode of diarrhoea this morning, was going to take a couple of Immodium as first episode was 11 days ago with just a grumbling tummy- getting less and less I thought until this morning.
Q: Immodium warnings are 'not to take if taking gemfibrozil (used to treat high cholesterol). Can't see what contents of Simvostatin are from paper inside box.
Can you help please ?
B.K.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 11 months ago.

Dear customer,

Yes even simvastatin may cause an interaction with imodium. Therefore you may take the imodium only after calling up your doctor, since with your doctors advice you may take this medication. This is because it is a minor interaction, with simvastatin increasing the level or effect of imodium. Your doctor may recommend taking the imodium in the lowest dosage to decrease the effect of this interaction.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating by clicking 5 stars.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Had a problem with the website writing this review as the text starting scrambling. I originally contacted this site because that morning I was going on a short holiday. There was no way I would be able to see or speak to my GP. However as the help you offered was advice to check it with my GP (back to square 1), I do feel £36 a considerable price to pay. That information should have been available before asking for Payment. In desperation then I did contact my surgery and surprisingly a more than usual helpful receptionist asked a doctor the question I posed to your site and I did get qualification on whether I could take the Immodium.