DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I recently had a broken fib,tib and dislocated ankle. I

Customer Question

Hi I recently had a broken fib,tib and dislocated ankle. I chose to heal on my own without an op as I was scared of infection and also did not want screws, pins or plates. It is now nearly 14 weeks and I am walking albeit slowly and not perfectly. I still have a lot of swelling and feel I should be taking homeopathic medicine to help strengthen and also reduce swelling and any other things you could recommend. I had terrific bruising for over 2 months after my accident,
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello.

Thanks for the question.

We can not recommend this course of action.

This dislocation needed to be fixed, and the fracture needed to be set.

There is no way to recommend a homeopathic medicine without knowing more.

What did the x ray show?

Was this a displaced fracture

Is the ankle still dislocated?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the foot was put back into place and the bones all set the Dr's were quite happy with my progress the fracture was displaced. I understood only at physio the ankle was dislocated I learnt but the Dr's never spoke of that. I was in plaster for 6 weeks and moon boot for 4 weeks ...crutches for 1 week with moon boot but now walking although swelling round ankle
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

You should work with a classical homeopathy.

If there is still swelling, treatment would start with arnica.

1M potency, several doses.

If the bone is still week, this should be followed by symphytum.

Several doses of 1M postensy.

Several days can be put between each dose.

Find a classical homeopath to examine you.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/