Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am 55 years old and I have sufferded premature ejaculation

hi
I am 55 years old and I have sufferded premature ejaculation all my life.
is there any cure for me at this age?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

there are treatments for premature ejaculation

there are treatments options for premature ejaculation include behavioral techniques, topical anesthetics, oral medications and counseling

therapy for premature ejaculation may involve taking simple steps, such as masturbating an hour or two before intercourse so that you're able to delay ejaculation during sex.

therapy may also recommend avoiding intercourse for a period of time and focusing on other types of sexual play so that pressure is removed from your sexual encounters

a method called the pause-squeeze technique can help delay ejaculation. it can be used during masturbation or during sex

you can read more here

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/premature-ejaculation/basics/treatment/con-20031160

you can also see a sex therapist as well

anesthetic creams and sprays that contain a numbing agent, such as lidocaine or prilocaine, are sometimes used to treat premature ejaculation

some oral medications such as antidepressants, analgesics and phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors can delay ejaculation as well

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there seems nothing new in your reply. all this information is available free on many sites.
I thought I was going o get some special helpful advise.
I am so sorry to say this site just seems to be a money making scam.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

have you seen a sex therapist about your premature ejaculation?

have you tried medications like an SSRI agent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just lost my £24, as I did not get anything from it. as I have said all the advise you have given above is available free from many other sites. I have seen a sex therapist for the problem.
could you explain to me what SSRI agent is?
thank you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

an SSRI agent is a type of anti-depressant such as sertraline or paroxetine or fluoxetine which can in some patients delay ejaculation

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they seem to have serious side effects
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you don't know if they cause you side effects until you try them.

they are prescription medications so your doctor has to prescribe them to you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried other medications and sprays but nothing has helped. do you think asking my doctor for these drugs would help at my age?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, it could help premature ejaculation at your age.

if the medications cause you side effects, you can always stop them.

show your doctor this website and see if he or she will prescribe you an SSRI medication to try.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay, thank you I will try seeing my doctor for this medication.