Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I wanna know what wrong with my back. I m now suffering from

Hello Doc,I wanna know what wrong with my back.
I m now suffering from back pain which is nearly a week. And I didn't feel painful in the afternoon but it get worsen in the evening. I don't know why ?.I can feel a bit pain in the morning. But usually more painful in the evening or at night. And it's already over a week.Could you please tell me why? Any suggestions?Or is it related to kidney?Thanks.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is it because of not sleeping well or having not enough sleep. Or is it the cause of not having meals properly in the right time ?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 11 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

What is your weight and height? Have you started doing any exercises or any trauma recently? Does pain medication such as ibuprofen relieve your pain? Does the pain radiate to your legs? Do you have any limitation in the movement of the back?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yup doctor,
I've been doing gym a lote like weeks ago. But i stopped already 2 weeks ago.Yea after stopping and I have some personal matters and have a certain amount of depression and + my own exam stress.I don't have radiation to legs and no limitation in back.Just only a bit uncomfortable with my back when feeling the pain.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

There are many causes for back pain, however in your case, since it is not severe and is just over a week in duration, it is likely to be due to bad posture and stress. With such type of pain you can expect a decrease in pain and full recovery in another few days.
This is likely to be due to purely “mechanical” symptoms (i.e., pain that is aggravated by motion and relieved by rest). An adequate sleep of at least 7-8 hours is a must. If you have changed your mattress recently that could be a cause for the pain since this may lead to a bad posture during sleep. Avoid doing strenuous activities, but continue with your normal daily routine. You may use over-the-counter medicines such as paracetamol or ibuprofen for the treatment of pain. Also other treatments such as physical therapy, massage, or acupuncture may be beneficial.

To correct the posture the first and the most important advice is exercises which you can resume after the exams and these will build your core strength. Your core supports your upper body and a strong core will give you more strength to hold yourself up and will prevent back pain.

For lowering the stress I would suggest daily mindfulness meditations which you need to do everyday for a few minutes daily to see the effect.

http://mindfulnessforstudents.co.uk/resources/mindfulness-audio-guided-practices/

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating by clicking five stars above.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thanks doc

You are welcome.