Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Sunday last I took a fall in my kitchen falling heavily face

Sunday last I took a nasty fall in my kitchen falling heavily face down on the ceramic tiles, my injuries consist of extreme bruising, to my face and chest, ensuing in a badly bruised sternum, which is extremely painful, and a black eye, which is now improving somewhat. Obviously, my chest bruising is by far the most painful, and am taking Ibuprofen and Paracetamol for this. It's worse after a nights sleep, and gets slightly better over the day, My question is: I'm scheduled to fly to Paris this Sunday to visit my daughter, and wondering if I'll be able to manage this? Also, would it be wise to drive yet, as I haven't done so yet, but should be going to visit my brother today, its only a 40min drive, can you please give me your advice on this? Best regards, ***** *****
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Do you have any limitations in your movement? Are you able to do your daily activities? Is the pain severe even with the medications? Are you taking any sedatives? Does the pain limit you from concentrating in any of your activities?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have some limitations, ie, when bending, or lifting, other than that I can do most usual daily activities, the pain is the most severe upon waking first thing in the morning, it eases after a couple of hours. I have no problem with my concentration. The pain is worse on the right side of my upper body. Thank you. Lesley
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
00441226379507
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

Basically in your case I don't see any contraindication for driving or for flying. A person is considered fit to drive when she is able to drive safely without problems caused by physical ability, injury, medical or mental health condition, or by medication. So you are fit to drive based on these criteria. Your limitations in movement or present medications will not interfere with your driving or flying. So you should be able to manage these activities.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating by clicking 5 stars above.