wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have temporal lobe epilepsy but not seen a neerologist. Im

I have temporal lobe epilepsy but not seen a neerologist. Im embarrassed to go out as have had embarrassing episodes in public. And i feel its hard to walk straight or it takes loads of effort. Drs say my seizure pattern has changed i dont understand. Im an urgent referal but it is taking too long. I need my life and independence back can you advice. My meds just make me feel sedated and headaches
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

When is your appointment scheduled using the urgent referral system?

Do the meds help decrease the seizure activity?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They say its urgent referal but could be 4 weeks. No date or appointment yet. The meds make me sleep to i decided to stop on of them last night as i felt id slept too much (nearly 5 days and nights woke for odd meal and dr appointment but had headaches on waking). This is the first day i feel awake becuase i didnt take my diazipmam i feel bad for ztopping it but cant funtion on it. Im embarrassed i dont have full convulsions but i wobble and look silly im sporty but cant drive and cant exercise as scare of getting ill in public. I have pts and was flown back by air ambulance from turkey ten years ago after traumatic incident i dont remember much but get flqsh backs. But overal thats in the past. I have only meds for temporal lobe epilepsy. I gets asked loads of irrelevant questions and gent refered into mental health team only discharged quickly as i dont like talking over and over past events. The seizures im not certain about but i know my bpdy is not responding as i try to get it to my mobile is***********
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I dont have skype and not computer savvy im to embarrassed to discus all my symptoms as i feel they just think im nuts im not thinking anything i have a clear hed i feel mental health teams talk no senseand talk me in to feeling ill. When all i want to do is walk in a straight line i never drink or do drugs years ago they put a sniffer dog on me to check when i was really ill in public it was so embarrassing and im a professional and need to get back to work
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

It is not really a good idea for you to stop your medication on your own.

You should try to get into see a private pay OB/GYN and neurologist so that you do not put your baby or self at risk by messing with your meds.

I realize this may be a bit pricey but for your child's health and your own it would be money well spent.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you but im not prgnant but am a
cIld baring age and have adaughter
Im staying with family we are well supported but they seem to think me sleeping for 5 days is fine but its not im feeling the sleep isnt good sleep
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Why did you think i wasprganant andhow can i acces a prive neurologist?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

Hmmmm......I thought you said you were pregnant.....sorry about the misunderstanding.......

The best way to access a private neurologist is to get talk to the local medical society or ask at the hospital, or check online for private practice neurologists in your area and then call them and get into be seen.

Everything I said above still applies....just take out the stuff about the child/baby ;)

Make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience: Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you sorry im typing blind due to my silly app not working propper
So may havemade aype error
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How much have i been charged?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

I do not know in UK money....looks like about 12 dollars US.

Please use the rating button to give me feedback/positive rating for our conversation......And, don’t forget, I work for tips. ;)

Have a great day.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I rang a private hospital they say can see me next week but i feel even a week again of sleep is ruiening me i want to be up and about but cant
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There seems to be only medical society in london
It just rings znd rings