DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have acid reflux. What can do about it?

Customer Question

Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

Acid reflux disease is quite common. There are two aspect of the management.

First is to avoid the precipitating factor like smoking,coffee,alcohol,fizzy drinks,spicy meals etc. Also doing simple measures like eating small meals, last meal at least 2-3 hours before sleeping, elevating head end of the bed while sleeping, sleeping in left or right lateral position and regular exercise helps.

Medicines like PPI (omeprazole ) help by reducing the production of gastric acid. The reflux can also be helped by use of prokinetic agent like domperidone.In the meanwhile schedule an appointment with the gastroenterologist for further evaluation.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating