DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have this mole for almost 4 years now and havent noticed

Dear sir/ madam
I have this mole for almost 4 years now and havent noticed any pain or discomfort ever since. I have had a bad blistery sun burn 3 years back too. But i read about moles on the internet and it is said that it can be dangerous. But after having read the symptoms on the internet i get anxiety and only when i think about it , not the mole but the sides around the mole feel itchy sometimes. The mole is scaly too. Are moles always dangerous? Also i will be seeing my GP this monday.. its just that im getting anxiety issues because of it.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is this something to be worried about?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 11 months ago.

HI.

Yes this mole is probably OK but it shows some inflammatory features and appears large.

It needs a magnified exam.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
theres nothing to be worried about? Its also scaly and itches at times

That assessment requires an exam with a dermatoscope, from your GP or a dermatologist.

It has some disturbing features, the size, and the itchinees.

It might not be a mole, but an actinic keratosis, in which case it needs to be removed.

Same for a large itchy mole.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/