Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I was treated for gonerrhea on 11 July. On 22nd July I was

I was treated for gonerrhea on 11 July. On 22nd July I was tested again and was clear. So is my boyfriend, which suggests it's not the virulent strain. I have been travelling since then - on my own - and I haven't had sex since 9 July.
I was never sure what the symptoms of gonerrhea were - I had bacterial vaginitis and trouble with the pill ( lots of spotting) but have had trouble al the time I have been away. I treated myself for thrush as I have a non odorous discharge like mucus, slightly yellow . Could I stil have gonerrhea? I had a period when they retested me. I also stopped taking the pill two weeks ago
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

They are many tests done to diagnose gonorrhea. Basically these may culture test (which is the most common test) and non-culture alternative tests. Non-culture tests may be less accurate when there is blood or during menses. Therefore in these circumstances culture tests should be used. Therefore if your culture test was negative, then you don't need to worry about still having gonorrhea.

If you had not been diagnosed with gonorrhea any time in the past, and since you also took treatment with a negative test later, therefore it is highly unlikely that you are infected with gonorrhea.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks that's good to know. I hope it's just to do with stopping the pill. Is that possible?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Yes that may be the cause.

Take care.