wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

My catheter will not stay in as i have a infection and

Customer Question

my catheter will not stay in as i have a infection and bladder trauma as i had it replaced every day making me sore how long do i need to leave it out to rest
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

From what you have posted, you will not be able to leave the catheter out long enough for your system to rest.......

It sounds like it is time to have a urologist place the catheter so that it stops falling out. Unfortunately, since it is Saturday, you will probably need to go to Emergency.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a uretha catheter and replace them myself i was not sure how many days to leave it out i am padded up so i am coping ok
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave it out for five to seven days without your bladder backing up that should give any trauma time to heal up.

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Have a good weekend