DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

9 days (which was meant to be my first day of my period) ago

9 days (which was meant to be my first day of my period) ago I started on Microgynon, but still now I have spotting and have to wear a liner/ tampon. What will happen if I stop the pill now? Will my period come heavier as soon as I stop if I did stop today? Pls advise
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello.

Thanks for the question.

9 days is not enough time to stabilize on the pill, and it takes about a month.

It would not necessarily change a thing to stop it now.

Although, it is possible that your period gets heavier temporarily.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I keep going with the pill is it likely to stay with relatively lightish spotting?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

You can't tell for about 4 to 6 weeks.

But, yes, that type of breakthrough is common.

But can clear up as well.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to be on a 7 hour flight in 3 days time, is that potentially going to make the bleeding worse?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

No.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I read that taking ibuprofen to lower the swelling of the uterus lining can help make it better and lessen the flow. Is that true?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

It can reduce any inflammation, which can help.

It is not really a significant effect for the most part.

Please click a positive rating, I hope a 5, as we are only paid per rating.

I am always glad to follow up.