DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I take perindopril and indapamide every day for

Customer Question

I take perindopril and indapamide every day for hypertension. Can I take an occasional 5 mg diazepam for flying anxiety? Thanks Wendy finney
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

There is no interaction in case you take diazepam with your blood pressure pills so you can take it.

Now if you have not seen a psychiatrist for the anxiety I would suggest that you do have a consultation with the psychiatrist to evaluate if you need any medicine in addition to diazepam as diazepam is not a very good anxiolytic for long term use and if you have anxiety problem you can be started on other better anxiolytics with lesser side effects.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

Good luck