DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My husband is concerned about my memory over the last month.

My husband is concerned about my memory over the last month. I am 37 had a hysterectomy a year ago and I'm on antidepressants at the moment. I have recently had a egg which came back normal ( this was because I am having very short loss of time). I have spoken to my GPs, who said she wasn't worried about it but my husband thinks there is definitely something going on and it is concerning me now
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

Any other symptoms?

Any medicines you are taking ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am taking sertraline 150mg and elleste 2mg.I can't think of any other symptoms. Apart from sometimes I'm aware of something but can't quite remember. If that makes sense
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, are you there?

Thanks for the information

Memory loss can have a number of causes.

In your case it can be a side effect of sertraline.Other causes which need to be investigated include nutritional deficiency like B1 or B12,sleep deprvation or fatigue and various hormonal abnormalities.Smoking and excess alcohol also has an effect on memory.Even extreme anxiety and depression can lead to memory disturbances so you need to get evaluated to find out the exact cause of your symptoms.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating