Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My friend has taken a lot of cocaine last night. He stopped

Customer Question

Hi, my friend has taken a lot of cocaine last night. He stopped at 5am but has been suffering from high heart rate, 110+bpm, since 8am. his hands and feet are slightly cold and he hasn't slept since the night before. Will he be alright to ride it out or will it get worse? Thank you for any assistance you can offer it is 10.40am
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

Since cocaine effects lasts for 2 to 4 hours but as he has taken a lot the effects can be prolonged for a day or two. The intensity can decrease with passage of time but it can take up to 2 days for complete recovery.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.