wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

My mother is in her 70s and has become very forgetful but

My mother is in her 70s and has become very forgetful but also obsessive about very minor things. Her short term memory is awful and she is now becoming very short tempered. She is diabetic but I don't know if this is related. How should I proceed.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

The next step should be to have her evaluated by a Geriatric specialist

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if she doesn't agree to this?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Well.....you can't force her to go. Unless, of course, she is a danger to herself or others. Then you could get two doctors to recommend to the Court that she undergo medical evaluation and treatment against her will....

I wouldn't rush to get the Legal system involved at this point from what you have posted.

Make sense?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS