Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

7weeks ago I visited my doctor complaining of pain in my

Customer Question

7weeks ago I visited my doctor complaining of pain in my right hip and groin, he refered my for an xray i went on holiday for 5 weeks (pre xray ) during this period I had trouble with both groins and a bad back sleeping at night was difficult as the pain became exaggerated, I visited a health centre where the gave me a steroid injection, this eased the condition for a week or so, since my return the condition persists + I now have pain in the top of my arms which once again is worse at night. I have since had the xray and am awaiting the results
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

The steroid injection is usually given along with local anesthetic which makes the patient pain free initially due to local anesthetic action and after couple of weeks steroids come into play and relieves inflammation around the nerves gradually and cause pain relief. So i would recommend you to wait and see the result of steroid injection if things does not improve in another week time then the problem might be severe enough to have another steroid shot or surgical intervention. Till then you will get the x-ray results for further treatment plan. I would suggest you to get your vitamin b-12 levels checked as its deficiency results in body aches at different parts. You should continue ibuprofen along with massage with warm olive oil and apply capsaicin cream over the painful areas. Warm compresses would help as well.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

\

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.