Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Doctor
Experience:  10 years of experience as a physician.
32613003

I recently had a blood test and I had a few things flag up.

Hello I recently had a blood test and I had a few things flag up.
Urea 7.7mmol/L
Creatine kinase 1800 U/L
eGFR (MDRD) 74 ml/min/1
I have researched this and obviously it doesn't look very good, I train a lot in the gym most days and have 11% body fat. My diet could definatly be better however I don't drink alcohol or smoke.
I have no symptoms that I know of, no pain no pain when I urinate nothing at all. I only did this blood test as a annual check up, however I did not research what I need to do for my blood test as prep, I did not fast and I trained at the gym very hard about 4 hours previous to the test and also took a large does of creatine supplement about one hour before test.
I would like to know if these could have factored into the test and what could be the main cause of these results.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, these lab results are likely a result of your vigorous exercise just prior to the test. Your vigorous exercise likely lead to some dehydration which caused a decrease in your kidney function temporarily. If you are otherwise healthy with no other medical problems, this is likely nothing to worry about. You should just have the lab repeated on a day where you have not had any vigorous exercise over the past 24 hours and when you are well hydrated. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the quick response, not that I'm being ungrateful in anyway but I would just like to know what kind of doctor you are and experience, I'm sure you understand as this is only a website and just want to make sureThanks again
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

I am a urologist who has been in practice for 15 years. I deal with patients kidneys and their kidney function and the structural problems with their kidneys on a daily basis. I see these type of lab results every day.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much I will follow your advice
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome. I wish you the very best. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks!