Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

I am a 35 year old male with a full head of hair, I suffer

Hi, I am a 35 year old male with a full head of hair, I suffer from scalp acne, this tends to be at the back of my head and down the sides near my eyes and the bottom of my hairline but in general can be anywhere in my hair. I have never had bad face acne but do get one or two spots regularly in my face and occasionally in other areas like back, neck etc.
My scalp can be quite itchy, I currently use head and shoulders shampoo, I have tried ours in the past such as t gel, vosine, wash and go etc
When I have my hair shaved it seems to be worse, I had it done Saturday and have quite bad outbreak and general red blotches on show.
I don't know how to treat this at home, I went to my gp once who gave me t gel and a cream to use.
I do use regaine for men but no styling products and I wash my hair every morning.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 11 months ago.

Have you seen a dermatologist?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No never. I have an appointment with my doctor in 2 weeks
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 11 months ago.

I would suggest you try a course of antibiotics and a steroid ointment (e.g. lidex). This may be in part infectious and in part inflammatory, and that is why it is not healing with a single approach.