Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have over 100 moles on my body. Many have changed shape &

I have over 100 moles on my body.
Many have changed shape & in the past disappeared & left white patches .
Over the last 6 months a mole on my neck has changed shape , has been itchy & dry in the past. I have taken a picture . My paternal Grandfather had a melanoma & many moles. I am feeling lethargic & bruising easily .I can feel a small number of my lymph nodes which are situated very close to this mole have increased in size .I am not a worrier but I am a little concerned. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I do understand that a diagnosis on line would be vertually impossible. Many thanks, Karen.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
A picture attached
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.

When I zoom in on this image, it is very blurry and pixelated.

Would it be possible to take a higher resolution image?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please find attached current picture

Yes, this is a much better picture.

The appearance on this picture looks benign and is not worrisome for a melanoma.

The fact that it is changing and that there are some enlarged lymph nodes would be more of a concern. It certainly is common to have transient lymph node enlargement in the neck, so it would be less worrisome if the lymph nodes have only been present for a short time.

So, the history of a change in the mole is more worrisome than the appearance on the image. It is appropriate for any mole that is changing to be checked by your doctor, but since it does not look worrisome on the picture, it is not urgent that it be checked.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you so much for your reply. That is a relief .Kind Regards,
Karen

You are very welcome.