Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I'm really straining to go to the toilet. I'm straining to

Hi, I'm really straining to go to the toilet. I'm straining to have a fart, also straining to try and have a pooh without any luck. Any ideas what the problem is, I would be very grateful.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you could be very very constipated.

vitamin C is not going to help you have a bowel movement.

you may need to use strong laxatives and enemas to get your stools moving.

there are over the counter laxatives like exlax or miralax or senokott or milk of magnesia you can buy at the local grocery store or pharmacy store

there are also over the counter enemas which are liquid medications which you can squirt into your rectum and hold there to help stimulate your bowels to move.

you need to make sure you drink lots and lots of water to help enemas and laxatives work for your system

if you continue to have problems and if these over the counter aids don't help, you have to see a GP doctor for evaluation

you need to work on eating more fiber and fruits and vegetables to help you stay regular with your bowel movements

eating prunes and drinking prune juice daily can help you have bowel movements regularly

you can also use fiber supplements like metamucil daily to help you have bowel movements.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com