wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Can I switch from taking prednisolone to prednisona alonga

Can I switch from taking prednisolone to prednisona alonga safely?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

What is your current dose of prednisolone?

How long have you been taking it?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have Crohn's disease. Currently on 40mg prednisolone prescribed from the UK to treat a flare up. But I'm in Spain and have ran out of steroids. Is prednisona Alonga a safe replacement?

Yes. It should be the same medicine.

That being said, the composition of the various same drug presentations may vary from one country to another so you should ask the pharmacist to make sure that it is equivalent.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS