DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have constant pain on the left side of the

Customer Question

I have constant pain on the left side of the stomach/abdominal in the when I'm sitting down on the bus or playing video games or watching TV or using my laptop. Painkillers do not help very much. Sometimes I get sharp stabbing pain on the left side of my stomach. This has been on-going for 4 years. It started after I had Hepatitis B vaccination, not before it that's for sure.Is it Spleen Pain or Bowels pain? Which organ is it, Spleen or Bowels?
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

This can be related to bowel or it can be some muscular pain.Even a neuropathic pain can present like this .There are few causes in which spleen can give rise to pain e.g due to enlargement with stretch of splenic capsule.Even a pain in the stomach can be located in that region.You need to see your doctor for an evaluation to find out the exact cause of this pain. Pain in abdominal wall muscle is also a possibility .

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think it's an auto-immune condition Such as
Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS)
Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP)
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
Fibromyalgia
Brachial Plexitis
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Shoulder Injury Related to Vaccine Administration (SIRVA)
Transverse Myelitis
Encephalitis
Neuropathic Pain

Other than a neuropathic pain all other possibilities very unlikely

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the test for neuropathic pain?

It depends on the examination findings

An MRI and Nerve conduction studies are helpful in suspected neuropathic pain cases

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What condition do you think I'm suffering from and what tests should I get done.I developed severe and apparently permanent adverse reactions as a result of Hepatitis B vaccine.
About 4 years ago I was completely healthy and very athletic before this vaccination and have now
suffered severe, debilitating autoimmune side effects from this vaccine. Such as getting joint pain
when I lift weights in the gym, only on one side of the body, not in both arms at once, just the left.
I never used to get joint pain when I was lifting weights before the vaccine, I used to lift 100KG
but now I get joint pain when I lift 50KG. There's a measurable loss in stamina before the vaccine to
how I am now, I experience breathlessness much earlier when I do cardiovascular exercise then before
I had the vaccine. I have chronic fatigue and it is not improved by getting rest. I have a dry
persistent cough when there's nothing to bring up. I have constant pain on the left side of the
stomach/abdominal area when I'm sitting down on the bus or playing video games or watching TV or using
my laptop etc. Painkillers do not help very much. Sometimes I get sharp stabbing pain on the left side
of my stomach. My care-cordinator said I experienced Psychosis due to neurologic conditions. I used to
think the TV was communicating with me. I suffered the residual effects of all these symptoms for more
than 4 years. Lupus-like syndrome, multiple sclerosis-like syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis.Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS)
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
Fibromyalgia
Brachial Plexitis
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Transverse Myelitis
Encephalitis
Neuropathic Pain

You should have an abdominal CT Scan and Upper GI endoscopy to start with and then further tests as required like an MRI and nerve conduction studies.Also test for H.Pylori should be done

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I do electromyography as well? What's the difference between electromyography and nerve conduction studies?
EMG is for muscle disease like myopathy and also to record muscl action potential while NCS is for nerve pathology.You dont need an EMGRegards
Please leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK RATING
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
An electromyogram (EMG ) measures the electrical activity of muscles at rest and during contraction. Shouldn't I do get that test too?
No you need other investigations to start with .
Regards ***** will be appreciated