Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My daughter is just 17 and has tried to have sex with her

My daughter is just 17 and has tried to have sex with her boyfriend this was very painful and has tried since same again, she had spotting after too.she went to the doctor had an examination same problem, also checked for sti all clear, she had a scan on overies, all clear. A nurse told her the spotting could be cancer!! When I asked my doctor for a smear he told me not done until 25 and could be vaginismus, and recommended counselling she is very upset frustrated. I'm just a concerned mum worrying for her. Does all this sound the right path to take ? She is worried about the spotting she also has stopped using tampons in case it hurts too, many thanks Hayley
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

This is Dr. David

first tries of sex can be very very difficult and can be painful and sometimes there can be spotting.

if she is small and if he has a large member and if she had vaginal dryness, she may not have been ready for sex at that point.

I doubt the spotting is due to cancer at her age

she should have some KY jelly lubricant ready during sex to use to help with lubrication which can take the pain away and make it more pleasurable.

KY jelly can be purchased at the local drug store

I'm glad her exam was all clear of sexual transmitted infections.

your daughter and boyfriend can try slowly again. make sure they use some form of birth control like a condom if she doesn't want to have a baby at this point

and also have some KY jelly to help with lubrication.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Many thanks and this is only a one off payment isn't it I'm panicking looking for answers

yes, this is a one time payment per question.

thanks for the positive feedback

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com