wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have acute iritis and have been given maxitrol eye drops

Customer Question

I have acute iritis and have been given maxitrol eye drops but they don't seem to work I wake up every morning with chronic pain of the eye I was supposed to see the eye specialist at my local hospital but he changed the location without prior warning how can I get to the bottom of this and stop the pain?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

I am a retina specialist

Is this your first episode of iritis? And how does your GP know that your vitreous is not involved?

Maxitrol is NOT the correct treatment for iritis!

So. What do you need to do?

1. First and foremost, you need to see an ophthalmologist for a complete eye exam and diagnosis.

2. If you do have anterior uveitis of an unknown etiology (iritis) then you need:

* Pred forte 1% at least 6x/day

* cyclogel 1% 2-3x/day (or, depending on severity, homatropine or atropine drops)

3. Your eye pressure needs to be checked and followed

and you need good followup.

Of course, your iritis could be do to an ocular problem or systemic issue...in that case the iritis and underlying pathology needs to be addressed.

Do not delay getting under the care of an Eye MD.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS