Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I'm still quite paranoid about developing a allergy I'm 25

Hi I'm still quite paranoid about developing a nut allergy I'm 25 and have ate them all my life with no problems. But no longer eat them due to paranoia I'm very worried and would like to no that because I'm not eating them now say in 10 years time if I inantvertantly ate something with a nut in would that make me react to the nuts because I no longer eat them some doctors have sed won't make any difference is that correct
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 11 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Your doctors are correct. If you did not have a nut allergy during childhood, you are unlikely to develop in the future just because you did not eat them for a few years. So please do not worry.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating by clicking 5 stars above.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have ate them all up until last year when my paranoia stared and I can't shake it so thought it was best for me to not eat them so I wouldn't panic and worry so even if I don't eat them for years and years and the say accidentally ate one day in 20 years time that won't then cause me to beacons allergic sorry for all the questions very worried and paranoid about developing a nut allergy and anaphylaxis

Dear customer,

Yes even after 50 years if you accidentally eat them there will be no complication.

Take care.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you so much and it would be highly unlikely to develop nut allergy now after eating them for 25 years? Thank you so so so much

You are welcome.

Please don't forget to rate the answer with a positive rating.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just one more think percentage wise how sure are you that I won't develop nut allergy now and then I will leave you in peace

Dear customer,

I am 100% sure. Even individuals who had a nut allergy in childhood are likely to outgrow their allergy as they age. And you never had an allergy. So don't worry about this.

Take care.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thankyou

You are welcome.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi still quite paranoid ano you sed even if I don't eat nuts for 50 years then accidentally have one and I will be fine are you sure? And I get worried kissing my boyfriend if he's has ate them incase of a reaction. I also get worried about having an anaphylaxis to things not just nuts but medications aswell how common is it
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 10 months ago.

Dear customer,

Please accept the service offer so that I can continue answering your question.

Thank You.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi I have

Dear customer,

I am very much sure and certain that even after many years if you intentionally or accidentally eat a nut there will be no complication.

I would advice you to do daily mindfulness exercises such as in the guided audios available below. With everyday practice you will able to deal with such paranoid thoughts in a better way.

http://www.mindfulness-solution.com/DownloadMeditations.html

Also allow and make room for these thoughts and don't fight with them. Slowly these scary thoughts will decrease in intensity when you do not resist them. Please view the below videos to know more about acceptance which is a component of acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdaCEO4WtDU

Anaphylaxis is very very rare and according to studies occurs in about 1-2% of the population as a whole.

Take care.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am just worried about a server reaction and anaphylaxis to things it's really scary and I don't want to not be able to breath and die also I have a strawberry allergy and I won't kiss my boyfriend if he has ate them how long after he has ate them do you think it would be OK to kiss him

Dear customer,

According to experts after eating an allergic food he needs to brush his teeth and wait for at least 4 hours before kissing.

Take care.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thank you

You are welcome.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Have you ever come across an anaphylaxis in you job I'm very nurvouse about it

Dear customer,

Yes I have.

You need to consult a psychotherapist regarding these thoughts and feelings that you are having. Acceptance and commitment therapy will be particularly beneficial in your case and it will teach how to accept this nervousness that you are having and to go on with your life achieving your goals and living your life based on your values with the nervousness. Please do the mindfulness exercises everyday.

Take care.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you no how you sed it would be highly unlikely to become allergic to nuts now will that be the case for other new onset food allergies
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 9 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your reply.

It's been a long time since your last question. Please start a new thread to get an answer.