wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

For the last year I have experienced constant muscle

Customer Question

Hi, for the last year I have experienced constant muscle twitching all over my body, with my arms and calves being effected the most. I have occasionally had some muscle spasms too, which are more uncomfortable than painful. My left leg feels weak, but I do not believe it is weak. I have also experienced maybe, 6 episodes of foot drop within the year. 1 month before this all started, I had a minor car accident, and had a baby, so don't know if they could have caused this. I have been to the doctors many times, they did standard strength tests in the office and told me there is nothing wrong with me, also because I am 27 female, they keep sending me away. My main concern, of course, is ALS. I would just like to know, if you would recommend I see a different doctor, or in fact I should stop worrying.
Many Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The foot drop episodes have only happened either when walking downstairs, or running.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Does this also happen on your face?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have only experienced twitching on my face once or twice, but that has not happened within the last 6 months. I am taking Salbutamol for asthma, that is the only medication. I do not have any other medical problems that I am aware of.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

Well I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS