DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have swelling on the shaft of my penis, just behind the

I have swelling on the shaft of my penis, just behind the head. The head is tender and sensitive and also when I urinate it's uncomfortable and at times my testicles ache.when I urinate it stings a bit and lacks pressure. I'm a 31 year old male.
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks. I will be online and wait for your response.

Is there any rash on the penis ?

Any recent sexual encounter ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is no rash. It's just like swelling that's uneven and seems to put pressure on the uretha maybe when I urinate and also makes the head of my penis sensitive to the touch. Yes I had sex three months ago nearly but this pain has only been a problem for a month now.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also at times it makes my testicles ache and feel discomfort. I've had a similar swelling before but not like this, it was in the same place around two years ago but it wasn't as bad as this and also didn't effect urinating or make my testicles ache. It was caused before from an ex girlfriend masturbating me for too long and it caused swelling in this place and maybe I have aggravated this ?

thanks for the information

This most likely is an infection in the area. Possibility of urethritis is also there. I would suggest to get it examined and have some lab work done. You will need a course of antibiotic to settle the infection. You can share further details/images as well

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you think I should just see my local gp first and then they will advise me as opposed to going to a sexual health clinic first?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm out at work now, can I possibly send an image later today please?

Yes you should see the GP first and then after examining he can guide you further

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Yes you an send images on same link even after giving a POSITIVE RATING

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Excessive masturbation can cause pain and swelling in penis but as I said you need to get it examined

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question