Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Sickness diarrhoea hot eyes weak

Customer Question

Sickness diarrhoea hot eyes weak
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

The weakness, dry skin and flushing can be due to diarrhea causing dehydration. If the frequency of stools is more than 6 times a day, dehydration can set in rather early.

If you can tolerate oral liquids well, then I suggest that you start on oral hydration solutions like Pedialyte or Gatorade, lemonade or just plain water if you do not have access to the others.

If you can not tolerate oral liquids then this is best addressed in the ER, where intravenous rehydration can be done in the form of I/V fluids. If you have other symptoms like fever, then you might also need a course of antibiotics since diarrhea is frequently caused by bacterial infections as well.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Regards.