Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

Had diahorria on Monday night had to run to the toilet felt

Customer Question

Had diahorria on Monday night had to run to the toilet felt faint then not been since Monday night for a poo so I bought some senokot to try to in constipated me did a small ball today with blood on it tried going tonight and couldn't go wiped my bottom blood on the tissue I am so so worried as my mums just found out she has got vowel cancer I'm 37
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
scared with what's happening at the minute before all my bm was normal petrified I am could it be due to stress aswell with my mum ??
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

Most likely the reason for the blood is that you have hemorrhoids.

There are 2 types of hemorrhoids: internal and external. External ones can be felt as a bulge with your finger and tend to be painful.

Internal hemorrhoids are inside where they can't be felt, don't hurt, and tend to bleed. Hemorrhoids are more common when there is constipation or diarrhea. They are very common.

Colon or rectal cancer can cause bleeding, but they are more common in people over the age of 50. They can occur at age 37, but it would be quite unusual.

The way to know is to see your doctor. A rectal exam and possibly looking in with small scope will reveal whether you have hemorrhoids or any other problem causing the bleeding.

If you do have hemorrhoids, they will often resolve on their own, as long as any constipation is resolved and you have normal bowel movements without straining. Best wishes.