wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I think I may have got sun burn on my penis. I have been

I think I may have got sun burn on my penis. I have been sunbathing nude in south of France and I didn't put sunscreen on it. it is red and sore. But it is also red and sore around the penis and underneath where it meets the scrotum. Could it be jock itch? I have had that before. Or a combination of them both. I wasn't in the sun that much and didn't get burnt anywhere else.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Yes. It could be jock itch.

Where, exactly, is the redness and sore spots on your penis? The shaft? The head? In a pattern that might be consistent with sun exposure etc?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Can you upload a picture of the red areas?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The are is the shaft. I will send a picture now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am sending the pictures now
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Got 'em.

That looks more like sunburn then jock itch.

You know, your penis does not require as much time int the sun to get fried as your arms do.....

Put over the counter sunburn cream on it, keep your penis out of the sun for awhile and things should be fine. It will, like many sunburns, peel later....

You might not want to engage in sexual activity until things are back to normal.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Ill keep it covered and out cream on. I have aloe vera - is that good?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Aloe Vera would be fine.

Have a good time in France :)

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

My pleasure.

It is on my bucketlist to hit the beaches in the South of France....

Dr. Rick MD FACS