Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

I have to go for an endoscopy and am terrified, I suffer

Customer Question

I have to go for an endoscopy and am terrified , I suffer from depression and anxiety. Is it possible to be fully sedated whist having this procedure?
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 11 months ago.

It is possible to be fully sedated, but it's not generally recommended.

Usually what is used is called conscious sedation. This means that you would be awake but comfortable and able to breath on your own.

Fully sedated means general anesthesia, during which an anesthesiologist breathes for you. That is not necessary and would make the procedure more risky for you.

A local anesthetic throat spray is also used, which helps greatly.

Different patients have different levels of need for anesthesia, and your need will be taken into consideration and honored.

Talk to your doctor ahead of time about your fear of the procedure. Hopefully your doctor will be able to calm your fears.

Most patients are comfortable during endoscopy and are give as much anesthesia and they wish and is safe. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello I hope the money I paid was a one off and I won t be paying any more seeing as you have my bank details

You should not be charged anything further unless you seek further services here.

Thank you for your payment and rating.