wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have had a DVT diagnosed and have had one injection of

I have had a DVT diagnosed and have had one injection of Enoxoparin and have been given three more to apply myself over the next few days. I have pain in my calf and in the lumbar regions across my back I am not sure whether I should be walking about, sitting down or lieing down. As it is the w/e I cannot get advice from my GP and the A and E Dept which diagnosed the problem did not give me any advice.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Has the pain in your calf and back been getting worse?

Do you have any breathing difficulty?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I went to A and E because the pain in my calf was getting worse. It seems stable now. My back pain is still present. I have a heart pacemaker and take high blood pressure tablets. I just want to know what to do over the w/e before I go back to hospital do I walk around or stay still ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just want advice. Please respond .
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have no breathing difficulties

You should walk around. This, and your medication, will help keep new clots from forming.

Make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Have a good weekend