wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

My partner says he wants kids, but makes excuses not to

my partner says he wants kids, but makes excuses not to sleep with me, first it was because i wasnt having periods but i had medication to help me, an then he still wouldnt do his part an i was getting very sick on the meds, so i came off them, then he says theres no point because im not on them. i have periods now and he still makes excuses saying theres no point because im not ovulating even though i am. i try to talk to him about this and he just says "i dunno" or gets mad at me saying im going on at him, which im not i just want to know where we stand, im worried our opportunaties are slipping away due to the age gap, im 23 and he is almost 54, he refuses to take any fertility tests and claims he dont need to because hes had a child in a previous relationship, his son is the same age as me. i dont know what to do as he wont talk to me about anything serious.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How long have you been together?

Do either of you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
we have been together almost 6 years, i dont think he has any medical conditions, he refuses to go to the doctors and claims he hasnt been for 20 years, i have weight issues and been diagnosed with pcos but im not on any meds and have been told my ovaries are clear.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 months ago.

It sounds like the two of you have different goals when it comes to having a child.

You might want to consider family counseling or, unfortunately, moving on to a new relationship.

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience: Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City