Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I'm booked in for a hydrocelectomy in sept and I'm worrying

I'm booked in for a hydrocelectomy in sept and I'm worrying about fertility risks post op. The specialist has told me there are no risks but after reading online ive become aware that there is potential for spermatic vessels to be damaged thus effecting future fertility.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

There is very very small to non existent risk of infertility due to this surgery. All procedures have some risk but these complications happen very infrequently and I would not advice you to worry about this. So please go ahead with the procedure as recommended by the specialist. You need not concern yourself about this complication since this is a very safe surgery and is frequently performed.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating.