wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

My mother is 84 and has had 2 TIA's in the last year and

My mother is 84 and has had 2 TIA's in the last year and also has a brain tumour which has not affected her in any way as far as we know. Today she suddenly felt odd and took her blood pressure which was 158/95. it is usually more like 114/72. She has a pain at the back of the crown of her head which she says is not unusual and her head feels odd. She is feeling a bit nauseous and is a bit unsteady on her feet. Mentally totally normal. I wanted to bring her back to my house but she has insisted on staying in her own house just 2 miles away. I have left her quietly in her bed and she has a phone beside her and her emergency wrist bracelet. I will check up on her intermittently, but is there anything more I should be doing? Our GP surgery is not open.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is otherwise very well for her age, and very active
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Given her history, elevated BP and symptoms I would take her to Emergency.

If she does not want to do this then I would not leave her alone at home....even with the phone and bracelet it would be best if someone were there with her.

Does this make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - I will go back to her now, and take my computer in case I have further questions. are there further costs to continue this conversation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you vary much for your advice so far
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

My pleasure.

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS