DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Ive been asked to have a second blood test because ive been

hi, ive been asked to have a second blood test because ive been told I have a low blood count. I also have pain in the top part of my stomach which has come on over the last few days. It started when I had eat my dinner and about 20 mins later I was rolling around the floor in absolute pain. Then I was sick and the intense pain just disappeared. since then I have had a constant dull pain in the top of my stomach the part just down from and in the middle of the breast area. I also have had accompanying headaches and a feeling of when you've cried that tired feeling.
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you

The symptoms you have mentioned most likely suggest an infection of your stomach. Viral infections can cause a low white blood counts . Abdominal or stomach pain is usually a feature of such infection . Most often the viral infections do settle in about a week to ten days time . Certain bacterial infections can also cause a low white cell count . All you need to do is discuss these results with your doctor and ask him about need of further tests if required. If you have any other symptom or if you have the lab report with you, you can attach a photo here so that I can have a look at it.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had the low blood count diagnosed a week before I had the stomach upset .

Did you have a repeat blood count ?

Any symptoms at present ?

Are all the cell lines depressed or just the white cell count ?

Are you there ?

I think you should have a repeat blood count to see if the low counts are still persisting

If the counts have settled already there is nothing to worry and if that low counts are persisting then you need to have it investigated .The clinician can evaluate you further regarding need of further investigation. At time there is transient depression of counts secondary to some infections mainly viral and usually it settle in a couple of weeks time

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question