wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I started feeling really hot and felt like I was going to

I started feeling really hot and felt like I was going to faint, then started feeling sick and my body started tingling it felt like I had been stung by lots of stinging nettles I have now gone from being really hot to shivering still feeling sick and the tingling is still there
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Has this ever happened before?

What were you doing when this started?

How long did it last?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No this hasn't happened before
I had just cooked a roast dinner and was just sitting down to eat it when I became really hot and flet like I was going to faint the other symptoms followed.
I am still feeling really cold and sick with some tingling.
I currently take calcium tablets (calichew) and Levothyroxine as I had my thyroid removed last year.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

It is hard to say exactly what is going on without examining you. But, from what you have posted, you might be having something as benign/non-health threatening as an anxiety attack, or something systemic as hormonal imbalance/early peri-menopause, undiagnosed diabetes etc, or a case of food poisoning.

It does not sound like you are having a heart attack but, of course, the best way to know what is happening would be to go to the ER for a complete evaluation.

You might try taking a couple of aspirin and laying down in a quiet room with a cool towel on your forehead to see if you feel better in 20 minutes or so.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience: Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 months ago.

My pleasure.

I hope you feel better soon :)