wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

This is a very personal affliction I am going through at the

Customer Question

Hello, this is a very personal affliction I am going through at the moment and I hope I can place my trust in you to be free of judgment and offer me professional advice on what to do. I have been abusing Benzodiazepines specifically diazepam, illicitly for nearly a year now, I was very stupid and naïve but as I had severe insomnia and anxiety I essentially self medicated as my own doctor was providing little to no help and I ran out of options and became desperate for a solution. But getting to the point I want to come off them now but I cannot do it without facing severe withdrawal symptoms, how should I approach my doctor with this? Will they be able to taper me off them professionally and in a structured way so I can eventually become free of them or will they offer me other help? I appreciate any help you can give me as this is one of the most difficult things I've ever had to deal with and I ask could you give me your professional advice and opinions on this matter, as it is starting to interfere with my day to day life. Thank you
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How old are you?

M/F?

What daily dosage have you been taking?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am male, 21 years of age, currently taking diazepam 20mg a day for the past 11 months. Am not taking any other medications, consuming alcohol responsibly, my main medical problems are insomnia and anxiety.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not interested in telephone or Skype conversation but thank you for asking.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

Your doctor will be happy to help you and will not judge you or involve the authorities over this.

Just go up, tell her what is going on and that you want to get off the benzo's. She will be able to taper you safely and will offer you help and support if you want it so that you don't go down this path again.

There is no need to be embarrassed or have any anxiety over seeking a doctors help.

And, I must admit......you are doing the right thing by seeking professional help.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice! Will book an appointment to see my doctor at their earliest convenience. Hope to her this under control soon, many thanks once again! :)
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Glad I could help.

Best of luck to you :)

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

The mop water will not harm the clothes.....anything that gets on them will easily be removed in the washing machine.

the gloves will be OK. If you are worried, you can store them in a ziplock back

The stain will not get on you after it dries and, even if it did, it would not harm you.

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick MD FACS