wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have a spot on my scrotum. its about 0.5cm across and a

I have a spot on my scrotum. its about 0.5cm across and a raised. i've had it for a week. its not on the testicles, but on the skin. should i be concerned?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How old are you?

Can you upload a picture?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am 22,
i dont take any medications
here is a photo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont have any medical problems
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

thank you for that additional information and picture.

That looks like a Sebaceous cyst. This is a blocked skin oil gland. These are actually very common on the scrotum.

Yours does not look infected so all you need to do is soak in a warm bath tub a couple times a day and it should resolve on its own. If you don't have a bathtub you can put a hot cloth on the area.

This is not a cancer or a STD and is nothing to worry about.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
brilliant! thank you so much! thats what i expected it to be but i wasn't 100% sure, nice thorough responce