Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have had continues inner ear infections for the last 5

Customer Question

I have had continues inner ear infections for the last 5 years !! It is really debilitating . I have no energy dizzy and weak and at times sick. Antibiotics have no effect at all . I am at my wits end !! I work as a health care assistant with the nhs which I am concerned about as I will get sacked because of my absences due to this illness . Ent can't find anything wrong, when going to the doctors they don't know what to do with me !!! Please please can u help me . Christine maciver
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having these issues.

you need to see a specialist neurologist and get more testing.

you need a brain MRI scan with contrast and also some inner ear vertigo testing

you may benefit from anti-dizziness medications like dramamine, meclizine, antivert and anti-nausea medications like compazine (prochloroperazine) or zofran (omerpazole).

in the uk, it can be difficult to get to see a specialist and get MRI scan testing.

have you had a brain MRI scan yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot afford the phone consultation at this time . I had a scan about 3 years ago. I have an appointment at 5 pm today, everything takes months for appointments if I am referred, right now depression is setting in as I am worried sick about my job and no quality of life , I would love to speak to you but I am financially unable to. Thankyou anyway Christine Maciver x
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any suggestions. I was going to take myself to accident and emergency department
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, going to the A&E is a last resort.

ask them about dizziness and depression medications.

your primary should start you on some medications for depression.

medications like amytriptyline or Elavil could help depression and your dizziness symptoms

ask about dizziness medications like dramamine, meclizine, antivert and anti-nausea medications like compazine (prochloroperazine) or zofran (omerpazole).

ask to be referred to see a neurologist.

ask about Eply maneuvers which can help with some cases of vertigo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SLm76jQg3g

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com