Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have been suffering withdrawal symptoms from ability for

Customer Question

I have been suffering withdrawal symptoms from ability for the past 3 years. Nobody has actively helped me come off the medication. I have experienced terrible withdrawal symptoms, all the time I have seen my GP she has just logged into the computer that I have anxiety. I have begged her and put forward information to her all because I wanted help. I have felt desperate. I have had to call up compounding pharmacies. I have lost so much of my memory and so much time. I decided to see another GP. I was studying for a postgraduate, my memory was awful. No GP ever told me or informed me how to help. She just sat and listened for the minutes and justifies her diagnosis of anxiety. Everything I have been going through for the past two years has been undermined. Another GP wrote a sick note for me. It was 1 line long and said this person has been suffering from an illness. Please have sympathy. Exact words. How is any of this good practice. He also called me bipolar in a consultation. This was so offensive. Please could you help or advise me. Please.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

I'm Dr Phil, licensed and practicing internist with over 10 years experience

forgive my question but why not go back on abilify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want a medication free life, especially if the medication has caused severe memory problems and anxiety
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will take many years for my brain to rebalance into equilibrium. I should have had informed consent. I wanted to come off them slowly and proper help with my recovery.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have read many things and can relate to them. I cant go back on because it took me 3 years to come off them and don't want to repeat that. I finished the postgraduate course but had to drop out due to the memory loss. Also I was in the throws of withdrawal evident to everyone but my doc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please could you answer my further question

Thanks for this reply.

what specifically is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is obvious. Could you please give me an answer more than 1 line Long?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
stop being evasive please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any MD would be able to decipher that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
very disappointed with Dr Phil. Dismissive response.