wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am 58 years old. For the past one year I have been

I am 58 years old. For the past one year I have been experiencing vulva itching. I applied antibiotic cream for some time, I got a bit of a releive but now it does not work. I was on antibiotics but it releases the situation while I am on it. About 2 weeks after it returns. I have for the past 6 months used nothing. I just wash. I still experience the vulva itich. What can I do to relieve this vulva itch?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I look forward to receiving my answer.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 11 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Does it itch all the time?

Are there any skin changes?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Does it itch all the time?- No not all the time. I seriously scratch about 4 times a day and often after visiting the washroom.Are there any skin changes?- Not really except that when I scratch hard I get sight bruises.Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications? No and I do not take any medications.

Thank you for that additional information.

At this point what can you do to get relief?

Well, you have already tried everything available over the counter and everything you can do at home.

It is time to seek professional help -- make an appointment to see your OB/GYN

You have to get a good medical diagnosis, figure out what is causing this ongoing itching, and get the correct medical diagnosis.

Make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience: Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City