Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I have pro lactin levels over 1000 and a marginal under

I have pro lactin levels over 1000 and a marginal under active thyroid, are these possibly linked or could it be a non-cancerous tumour?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also we are trying for a baby, what is the next course of action I should take to reduce prolactin levels?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Any update?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Have you and your partner done a complete fertility workup?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No to complete fertility test! The only other medication I am taking is folic acid

Thank you for that additional information.

I do not think that you have a tumor.

At this point your next step should be for you and your partner to get a complete workup to see why you are not getting pregnant.

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My question was not why am I not getting pregnant, it was what Is the next step I take to bring my prolactin levels back in line! Who do I need to go see? I don't feel like my actual question was understood by you correctly and don't see why this has been closed by you!!!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also what leads you to say you don't think its tumour related, I'm curious how you can make this call when I haven't given you any of my symptoms?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I feel like you have spent more of your time rating why you think you should receive the credit rather than reading and understanding my question and as such won't be using this service again or recommending to my friends, very disappointed!

Ok. I will opt out and you can speak to another expert.

I wish you and you partner the very best.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Any update?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have still not been referred to another expert. At this stage I would just simply like a refund. Can you please have this arranged.
Thanks,
Kathleen.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 10 months ago.

You have a pituitary tumor that is common in women called a microadenoma. The treatment is a CT scan or MRI to be sure it is small, followed by treatment with a medication called bromocriptine. This will bring the prolactin level down and allow you to ovulate on your own

Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified with experience in primary care.