wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

My wife has nausea after flu - what can she do to get rid of

my wife has nausea after flu - what can she do to get rid of it?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How long ago did she have the flu?
Does she have any other symptoms?

is she vomiting and unable to keep anything down at all?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
she is not vomiting but she has a dull nausea which persists.She is 81..medications include fosavance,lipitor anfd evista
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
pls reply online.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have not received a reply, are we still online?

I was getting ready to head to the clinic....sorry for the delay :)

At her age the safest thing with persistent nausea would be to have her MD take a look at her.

If you don't want to do that you can try some over the counter medications such as Pepto Bismol, meclizine 25mg or Emetrol. I am not sure which, if any of these USA medications are available in the UK, but you can talk to the pharmacist and she can point you in the right direction.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I hope your wife feels better soon.