Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have a twelve year old girl with headaches, sometimes

Customer Question

I have a twelve year old girl with headaches , sometimes feeling weak and now with black shadows under her eyes. She has had headaches on and off for about five months, had eyes checked again, no hormonal pattern, no temperature. Seems a little low on blood pressure but I don't know much about bp in children. She has always been in good health and is a very happy successful wee girl. Show l go back again to my gp
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

does she have stuffy nose or runny nose?

she could be suffering from allergies, allergic rhinitis, which can cause headaches and poor sleep and fatigue.

is she drinking enough water and fluids? dehydration is a common cause for headaches.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No none of these apply.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

how many days a week does she have headaches?

have you try to give her tylenol? or paracetamol? does that help ?

is she getting enough sleep per night? lack of sleep can cause headaches.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The headaches are becoming more frequent and medication less helpful she is not losing weight or has any signs of a temperature. My instinct is that it is coming from her teeth. She has overcrowding and baby teeth which refuse to come out. She is waiting for an appointment with an orthodontist, but I just wanted to make sure I was not missing something more serious. I have spoken to the dental hospital on Monday and asked for an quicker appointment. Thank you for your help
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you are welcome

new growing teeth and crowding in the gum line can cause headaches

you can give her tylenol or children's paracetamol and see if that helps her.

her baby teeth will eventually come out.

I bet you are not missing anything else more serious

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com