Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Afternoon, Had gallbladder removed back in April Last couple

Afternoon,
Had gallbladder removed back in April
Last couple of days had slight twinge in the area of the highest incision surgeon made and also my abdomen feels distended - from the rib cage down to about the belly button area. There is no pain.
However I am overweight and have a slight belly(!!) and my period is due next week. So I am hoping its more premenstrual than anything else, but my mother commented on the "swelling" this morning. It's never really been noticed before.
I had not eaten or drank anything at that time.
Karen
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

This is the time for scar hypertrophy and swelling around the area along with slight tinge can be felt, Nothing much to worry about as far as you have no nausea, vomiting, bowel problem or abdominal pain. You can massage the area with olive oil and abdominal distension is most likely related to premenstrual time. Nothing much to worry about.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.